Until January 2022, I was a Lecturer with Design Next at the University of New South Wales in Sydney, Australia. I’m open to new opportunities!
Earlier academic positions:
Topics of interest
- Interactive products, intelligent systems and services
- Human-centred design methods
- Energy transition challenges at the intersection of people and technology
- Augmented Reality for use in work scenarios
- Personal media and their use in reminiscing practices
At the moment, I’m not taking on students for supervision, sorry!
- Xenia Zürn. 2016, MSc student, Industrial Design, Eindhoven University of Technology. Co-supervised during her semester-long research project at UTS.
- Web Chair for SydCHI, Sydney’s Human-Computer Interaction and Interaction Design community body (2020 - present).
- Web Chair for TEI 2020 conference.
- Reviewed for a range of conferences and journals, including CHI, DIS, TEI, TOCHI, MobileHCI, CHIuXiD, CHINZ, Digital Creativity, Service Design, and JOCCH.
- Associate Chair for TEI′19 Papers track.
- Associate Chair for CHI′16 Late-Breaking Work track.
Below is a list of my publications. Also see ORCID and Google Scholar for more info around citations, etc.
Conference on Human Information Interaction and Retrieval (CHIIR′19), 10-14 March 2019, Glasgow, Scotland, UK
Sydney, Australia: University of Technology Sydney, Australia and Eindhoven University of Technology, Netherlands.
Proceedings of the 28th Australian Conference on Human-Computer Interaction (OzCHI'16), 29 November – 2 December 2016, Launceston, Tasmania.
Proceedings of the 34th European Conference on Cognitive Ergonomics (ECCE′16), 6-8 September, Nottingham, UK, ACM Press.
Proceedings of the 33th Annual ACM Conference on Human Factors in Computing Systems 2015 (CHI′15), 18-23 April 2015, Seoul, Korea, ACM Press.
Presentation and paper in online proceedings of the CHI'15 Workshop on Knowledge Production in Interaction Design, 19 April 2015, Seoul, Korea ACM Press.
Presentation as part of Materialising Memories symposium, held in the Faculty of Design, Architecture & Building, UTS, 26 September 2014, Sydney, Australia.
Presented at Doctoral Consortium of OzCHI 2013, 25-29 November, Adelaide, Australia.
Eindhoven University of Technology, Eindhoven, The Netherlands
3rd International Conference on White LEDs and Solid State Lighting (LS-WLED'10), Eindhoven, the Netherlands
Presented at the Design and Semantics of Form and Movement Conference (DesForm 2005).